New England, Maine, late 19th century
Pine and prepared surface, paint, gilt and silver highlights.
Condition: Excellent condition, virtually in untouched condition, minor losses.
The tailor shop was located in Farmington Falls, Maine and owned by a woman named Lizzie during the late 19th to about 1910. Her family owned and operated the General Store in Farmington, Maine for several generations. The sign was originally found in the rafters of her shop and it appears it was never hung. There is no evidence of any hardware that would have been used to hang or mount the sign.
|Dealer||Jeffrey Tillou Antiques|
|Date:||late 19th century|
|Measurements||19”h x 96 ¼”l|
|Inventory||View Dealer's Inventory|
|Contact||Jeffrey Tillou, 860-567-9693 or firstname.lastname@example.org|